Friday, May 13, 2011

Retreat

I'm just now coming home from a retreat of sorts.  I'm getting the opportunity to pull back, to survey, and to focus on more than that which is just immediately in front of me and demanding my attention.  Take a moment, slow down.  Take the 3.5 minutes to watch this video, and think about how quickly life could be passing you by.


Timelapse - The City Limits from Dominic on Vimeo.

I've spent the last two days just evaluating my performance and setting goals for the future.  I recommend that you do the same.  We are all blinded by the can't see the forest for all the trees  mentality.  I encourage you - stop for a moment.  Think about where you want to go.  Think about how you want to grow.  Personally, I've found that I do this best by going out of town.  I'm forced to stop, to think and to look hard into the future of what I long to accomplish.  I recommend it - you will come back focused, driven and with needle-point vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment